High School (Grades 9-12)
Since 1961, the first graduation year at the present campus, SFVA has graduated an average of 24 students each year from it’s fully accredited high school. They have gone on successfully to all types of occupations and professions. Your child will enjoy developing friendships free of humanism, gangs, drugs and other negative distractions that typify public education. Our Christian SDA staff members have devoted their lives to cooperate with home and church in preparing our young men and women for life wherever they go after graduation, including college and professional programs. A full curriculum of required and enrichment courses are offered each year including Bible, social sciences, liberal arts, life sciences, physical sciences, math, computers, shop, physical education and music.
Jr. High School (Grades 7 & 8)
As the student enters grade 7 a new world begins to open. Different teachers for different classes, new social experiences new responsibilities and privileges. Your earliteen child will be exposed to Christian teachings and church history in Bible class. Science is experienced both in the classroom and on various field trips. Several off-campus study trips are taken each year. Social activities from banquets to beaches are always a favorite.
Elementary School (Grades 1-6)
With moderate class sizes and close teacher-student relationships, your child’s days are filled with reading, writing, arithmetic, Bible, science, crafts, art and music. Two large playgrounds, one paved and one filled with sand are available for outside play supervised by their teachers and aids. The gym and athletic filed are also available when needed. Computers are available in each of the classrooms for enrichment, self-teaching and games.
A full-day program is offered to pre-first grade students from 8:00am to 2:30pm All the school’s facilities mentioned above are available to these children
The Child Development Center is separately licensed and operated for children ages 2-5 years of age. It operates year-round from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm. These children have their own dedicated bathrooms and shaded playground area safely fenced off from the rest of the school’s activities.
Facilities, Programs and Equipment
To support and enrich our educational program SFVA offers:
- Hot Lunches - A hot vegetarian lunch is provided each day to all students K-12, at a modest charge.
- Music - Band, choir, and some private lessons are offered.. Several choir/band trips are scheduled during the year.
- Athletics - A 3-acre sports field and a gym provide a place for physical education and special events. SFVA participates in several boys and girls CIF programs each year.
- Day Care - Both morning and afternoon day-care is available for a modest charge to all students K-12. Students use the library, gym, athletic field in addition to the games, computers and activities in the day-care room.
- Gardening - A fully equipped, half-acre organic gardening facility is available to all teachers and students to experience God’s creative powers first-hand.
- Computers - A state of the art computer lab is used for teaching keyboarding, word-processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing, etc. to grades 7-12. Computers are also located in the classrooms for enrichment and self-teaching.