High School (Grades 9-12)
Since 1961, S.F.V.A. has graduated an average of 24 students each year. They have gone to all types of occupations and professions. Similarly, your child will enjoy developing friendships free of humanism, gangs, drugs and other negative distractions that typify other educational systems. Our Christian S.D.A. staff members have devoted their lives to cooperate with home and church to prepare our young men and women for life wherever they go after graduation, including college and professional programs. A full curriculum of required and enrichment courses are offered each year including Bible, social sciences, liberal arts, life sciences, physical sciences, math, computers, physical education and music.
Junior High School (Grades 7 & 8)
As the student enters grade 7 a new world begins to open. Different teachers for different classes, new social experiences new responsibilities and privileges. Your teenager child will be exposed to Christian teachings and church history in Bible class. Science is experienced both in the classroom and on various field trips. Several off-campus study trips are taken each year. Social activities from banquets to beaches are always a plus.
Elementary School (Grades 1-6)
With moderate class sizes and close teacher-student relationships, your child’s days are filled with reading, writing, arithmetic, Bible, science, crafts, art and music. Two large playgrounds, one paved and one filled with sand are available for outside play, always supervised by teachers and aids. The gymnasium and athletic filed are also available when needed. Computers are available in each of the classrooms for enrichment, self-teaching and games.
A full-day kindergarten program is offered to students from 8:00am to 2:30pm. All the school’s facilities mentioned above are available to these children
Child Development Center (Ages 2 to 5)
The Child Development Center is a separated licensed entity operated for children ages 2 through 5. The Child Development Center operates year-round from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm. These children have their own dedicated bathrooms and shaded playground area, safely fenced off from the rest of the school’s population and activities.
Facilities, Programs and Equipment
To support and enrich our educational program S.F.V.A. offers:
- Music - Band, choir, and some private lessons are available.. Several choir/band trips are scheduled during the year.
- Athletics - A 3-acre sports field and a gym provide a place for physical education and special events. S.F.V.A. participates in several boys and girls C.I.F. programs each year.
- Day Care - Both morning and afternoon day-care is available for a modest charge to all students K-12. Students use the library, gym, athletic field in addition to the games, computers and activities in the day-care room.
- Gardening - A fully equipped, half-acre organic gardening facility is available to all teachers and students to experience God’s creative powers first-hand.
- Computers - A state of the art computer lab is used for teaching keyboarding, word-processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing, etc. to grades 7-12. Computers are also located in the classrooms for enrichment and self-teaching.